Monday, January 11, 2010

The first movement of my baby

We went for our scheduled First Trimester Prenatal Screening (FTS) on 9th of Jan. It was a wonderful experience!

I told my little one what we are going to have the FTS. And, I explained to the little one what we want to see from the test with his/her cooperation, especially the nose bone and brain structure. I touched my belly and smiled at my little one with full of my love. I told King that I wish to see our little one wave at us.

The FTS is mainly checking for down syndrome symptoms in between week 12 and week 14. I'm glad that I took the test although I'm not 35 years old yet. However, I was pretty shocked by the price.

Dr. Yap is a patient, joyful and friendly Gynae. She was so eager to see my baby. Based on the ultrasound screen, she explained to me and King what is this and that of our baby and da da da. And, guess what, our baby was so active by turning 360 degrees! King and I were very surprise and amazed! Our fetus showed us the healthy scalp and brain, nice nose bone (Dr. Yap called it an Andy-Lau-nose, my Godness, hahaha!), healthy fingers and toes, healthy kidney/bladder/heart/eyes/ears. I was touched by the baby movement and his/her cooperation. My little one really does understand me!!! =) It was a touching moment to me and King. Our little one was 7.4 cm that day and I was in week 12 day 6.

I was persuaded by Dr. Yap to do blood test for further details check up. We did it and the result will be ready a few days later. Hopefully, things will be alright. I know that I'm going to have a healthy and happy baby!

However, my blood pressure was in high measurement that day due to my bad quality of sleep the night before (I woke up at 3.30 am and back to sleep around 6 am, oh no!). And, I know that I might get the gene from my dad due to hypertension. Hence, I need to monitor my own blood pressure everyday from now on. I'm glad that Dr. Yap did calm me down and I'm going to stick to Dr. Yap until my full term.

I feel thankful and blessed to have a wonderful Gynae for guidance along my whole pregnancy process. It means a lot to me and King through out the whole pregnancy. =)

See you in 4 weeks time, my baby! Daddy and mommy love you! Muak! =)

1 comment:

Ash said...

Great to hear everything is on track and looking great! =)