Monday, July 21, 2008

Buying time


Jane and Jeremy paid us a visit recently. Her son's preschool is just right in front of my house in the neighborhood, what a small world! Jane is a part time teacher in a tuition centre. And, we chatted about child education based on her experiences.

There are many parents choose to send kids and children to tuition centre nowadays, not only learning extra skills and hobbies, such as music class, sport class, ballet class, etc. Every world famous educationists emphasize that the Mothers are the best teachers in the world, or the Mothers should be the best teachers for their kids. Yet somehow, many women are career women in a successful way in terms of corporate seniority and wages. Women are able to be part of the family supporters financially. They choose to give their kids the best and the most quality part of international school and tuition centres. They spend quality time with the kids after work - less than 5 hours per day?....

I agree with Jane. Parents are buying time for their kids from tuition centre nowadays. They are willing to spend more money on extra work books, teachers, and most importantly TIME. I thought TIME is the most valuable thing that can't be evaluated and judged simply. Hmm... Ironic ironic ironic! We can't live without money, yet we can't live without time as well! I'm lucky and blessed that my dad hold my little hand while teaching little me Calligraphy; I'm thankful that my mom taught me maths when I was in a junction road with unsolving maths problem. These are one of the best memory during my childhood time that I will never forget in my whole life!

2 comments:

sheenyit said...

英雌所见略同。哈哈

Eunice said...

哇哈哈哈!!!