Thursday, October 16, 2008

The art of communication


The most important thing among people is Communication. And, the next tool to get communicated is thru a Language

I remember that my good friend IJean shared her thought with me long time ago: the most important thing that people should not ignore is a good communication skill, so that the world can be in peace. I totally agree with her. 

Communication is an art, by getting the right message over without a hurtful sense at the right time. With good communication skill, businessmen can get a deal in win win situation, a family can live in harmony, a friendship can last longer happily, the world will be in peace. But the fact tell us that, not many people can do that. 

I was a dumbo of people interaction since young. I was a straight forward dumbo by hurting people easily from my words. Luckily, my good friends and my husband alarmed me since many years ago. So I know what I should talk and not, to minimize the percentage of hurting a friend. And, I'm glad that they have improved me and my thoughts. :)  I've learnt to not to deny a say in the beginining, before expressing my ideas or explanation. Otherwise, a communication could be shut down easily with an unhappy atmosphere and full of misunderstanding. I'm not pleasing someone when I send out my message, but to send my message in a right way to ease a situation as good as possible, as calm as possible. I'm not a good arguer, sorry. But do not try my patience. 

Some people sound sarcastic when they see you are better than them; some people like to challenge your EQ when they sense that you are too challenging in their life; some people don't really know how to talk to a person. I've no comment on all these people, whom I will have to face them and deal with them no matter where I go. I have to remind myself that, I don't lose a penny no matter it is right or wrong. I don't meant for being stubborn, but to treat myself better by sensoring what I should hear and not. Some people just don't know how to talk and pissed people off easily.

I take it as a token of life, if I would be able to handle it. I guess it takes me life time to learn how to be happy and appreciate what I'm having now. I believe that I'm blessed and gifted. I hope you all do, too. :)  Seize the life!

No comments: