Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Role model


Do you have a role model in your life? I have different role model at different stages in my chapters of life. I believe that having a role model is pretty important in our life, no matter who that person is. He/She can be a religious person, or good friend, or famous scientist, or famous historian, or pop star, or teacher, or anyone you really admire and respect. 

I shared this opinion with Jimmy this morning, after reading a chapter in a book weeks ago. A child who has a good role model in mind will be much easier to be guided in whole life. The kid is willing to input the opinion and instruction from the certain role model, if the role model is provided to be around in the environment. And, that'd be even better and well-appreciated if the parents can share opinions with the role model. Sometimes, it's by luck and faith to have someone who you can really rely on and have trust worthy to have your kid to hang around with this important role model. 

I personally agree that finding a role model either from a book or from a person who is closed to the parents. Hence, the parents can discuss the background and succeed of the role model with the child. Well, I will "realize" more when I'm a mother, no doubt! Dear mothers, don't hesitate to share your opinions and reading with me if any good things came by. :)

No comments: