Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Patriot


I've been pretty updated with what is happening to my country recently everyday. My feeling is a mixture....

I have never been so patriotic to my country in my life before. But after the 308 Election (8th of March, 2008), I realized that I should know my country more and what is happening to my land everyday, which affect the economy and life in Malaysia, the foremost future among other reasons. 

My dad and mom have never been raising this sensitive politics issue to me and my siblings since young. They think children should concentrate on school work more, instead of knowing our country politics more. We've learnt that our Father of Malaysia - Tungku Abdual Raman - from textbook, but did not know what had really happened in our real life every single day. I would say, this is the failure of our education in my country. Something really pathetic is, people erase the hardest part in the history from textbook or even change the history for excuses (it applies to other countries as well). 

I'm neither a politician, nor a brave blogger like Raja Petra Karmaruddin. I'm a citizen who loves my land with hope for my future life and next generation. I read news from unsensor and uncontrol media. I'm glad that we can read a lot of opinions from abroad Malaysians from their blogs as well. Everybody loves freedom of speech. Everybody should read news from all kind of sources, this is called fairness. 

I'm disappointed that racism issue was brought up again and again in this country in this era. Nobody dare to raise this sensitive and naive topic, not even the United States. I'm sad that the current government "treat" loyalty braveheart by using wrong methods, which is strongly against by other countries too (according to variety of sources, many media and international governments are against this ISA action on this issue). Everybody is shocked and sad with hatred and anger. Everyone wants a change, more and more.

I wish my country is granted a new chance for a better future any time soon. Some people may be skeptical approach the opposition leader, Anwar Ibrahim, due to his historical mistakes. For a brighter future of Malaysia with less bribary issues and other matters, I would still give the opposition a chance and hope to give back all Malaysians a fair and peaceful life. I have faith in opposition this time, because of Lim Kit Siang, Lim Guan Ying and other bravehearts. Malaysia is a multi-racial country. I'm happy to see three races are participating well in opposition this time. Please say no to racism and other unhealthy issues which will cause a major impact to local economy and safetiness.

For my friends abroad, please read the reliable news and pray for your country no matter where you are. Do not forget your land and your childhood memory when you prefer life style in other country. Please do not forget about Malaysia when you are enjoying your life abroad. Malaysia can be a better country when govern by right attitude gang. 

Now I say this: God bless Negaraku! :)

No comments: