Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Peaks & Valleys


I read a book lately. It talks about Peaks vs Valleys and how we manage our peaks and valleys in our lifetime. I thought of my ways thoroughly.

Peaks and valleys do exist in our life. Whenever a peak comes, a valley is waiting for us; and, whenever a valley comes, a new peak is waiting for us. But how we manage to stay longer in a peak and shorter in a valley? I would say it's based on our EQ. Our EQ will bring us to a better or worse direction. 

We can't avoid having a valley in our life. Because life is full of up (the peak) and down (the valley). A plateau has no excitement and sadness. Without having excitement and sadness, our life is meaningless. Without having a sense of happiness and sadness, what does life mean for, then? Think of it, what does our heartbeat graphic look like? There must be in a form of up and down and up and down continuously. Life will be dead if it is seem to be a straight line without up and down.

It's totally a different view from a valley compare with from a peak. I remember that I took a helicopter tour with my mom when we paid Grand Canyon a visit 2 years ago. I feel thankful to my mom because her insistence of taking the heli. And so, I got the chance to see the stunning view from a valley looking up to the breath-taking Grand Canyon! It's absolutely amazing with a dropping-jaw feeling! It gave me a sense of two thoughts from two different views when it comes to a certain level. And, I believe we must pursue our own happiness no matter we are in the Peak or the Valley. I must enjoy my moments whenever I'm in a peak or a valley. Cheers!

3 comments:

EBBIE said...

#Whenever a peak comes, a valley is waiting for us; and, whenever a valley comes, a new peak is waiting for us#

听上去很悲观主义,可是却又是事实。

Eunice said...

会悲观吗? 我觉得这就是人生哩。

pohsheng said...

一切有为法