Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Kids' right

I'm blessed that I'm surrounded by many mothers who share their methods of raising their kids. Of course, I got a lot of tips from them as well by how they educate their kids which we never had during our childhood.

Children are very competitive nowadays. They are living in a competitive environment with peer pressure. Piano class, drawing class, ballet, violin class, Mandarin class, KUMON, whatever you name it. I can't breath when I jot all these down.

I asked King that what's the purpose to have kids nowadays?! And guess what, I LOVE King's answer!! So, our final answer is, we'll tell our future kid(s) to hire the top three students in the class and work for him/her! Hahaha...!!! Good idea! Being a boss of a self-own company, hire the top three students and run the company for you, and you enjoy the fruitful profit, hehehe...

Anyway, kids need their own right and kids have their own right! We must respect our kids and their childhood. =)

2 comments:

Ash said...

Sometimes I think some parents are using their kids to fulfill their own unfulfilled dreams. At worst, some are even using their kids as an object of showing off to their friends/family. They keep pushing their children to achieve the best without thinking what are their children interests.
Most of our Asian parents want the best for their children, but have failed to take the most important thing into consideration: Do the "best" means "the best" for the kid him/herself?
Have we forgotten what means the most to the child should be taken into consideration too? I bet you, the answer you will get is " children don't know what they want, we are trying to get them prepared for their best future!" I DON"T AGREE AT ALL! I firmly believe what's matters to our kids should be taken into consideration while helping them to shape their future.

Eunice said...

Ash, I totally agree with you! I guess we have the same click with many western mommies. Kids need their childhood that full of play and laughers. By the way, I lend the book "Eistein don't use flashcard" to my neighbor. She loves it and is going to get a copy for herself! =) Thanks for the book, Ashley!