Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Trend or Trap?

Declan will be 3 months old on Earth next week. Time flies. And, I've started to think of what kinda education and life we should provide him. I might sound a bit "kiasu" but I just like to think and observe things too much! :p

Welp, there are so many children programs in the market now. All is based on the needs for the parents. I wonder is all of them good for the kids. Are they a need for the babies and kids. It is a question mark to me. Gymboree, Kindermusik, Shichida, Montessori, you name it. I'm confused by the marketing and advertisement more. Most importantly, some of the fees are not cheap although it's affordable. But is it a must to my little Declan? I ponder..... I wonder..... I contemplate..... And, is this a trend or trap????? Other parents send their babies/toddlers to the programs but do I have to do the same thing? Do I have to follow what others do or have done? Is it really worth it?

I'm a full time home maker and mother. That means, I've 24/7 time for my family. But do I have enough time for little Declan? I guess this is all based on my own time management and what I wanna provide my son. I'm worried that KJ can't digest everything in one time and it'll become worse to him.

I wish to give Declan a happy and healthy childhood. I had a happy childhood with my siblings and cousins. We played and shared our own toys and we even imagined our own world during our play time. So I guess, first of all, I should bring Declan and meet more friends out there. So that he can have some play mates for socialization. As for those music, story, singing, gymnastic, fun programs, I'd do more research and hopefully I can do it at home with the little monster. It's fun to have DIY program at home, too.

Wish me luck!

No comments: