Thursday, April 22, 2010

Books for baby KJ

I know I've mentioned many times -- King and I are book lovers. So, it's no doubt that we prepare books and book shelves for our lil' baby KJ. Hehe!

Some people think it's a bit too early for us to prepare books for the lil' one, esp the books for 2 years old and above. I disagree with these people. There's no rule saying that this book is mainly for toddler or young kid or teenager or even an adult. Adult enjoys reading pictures book too; young kid enjoys reading fictions too; baby enjoys reading colorful pictures no matter how many words in it too. We buy good books for all sort of ages, including for ourselves. I laugh at these people because they know nothing about books. Toddlers and kids can't read many words, yet the parents can share the content after reading with the kids, why not?! Parents can spend more quality time with the toddlers or kids by flipping the books, why not?! Parents can figure out the doubts that questioned by the kid from the books, why not?! Why NOT?!

Think out of the box, people. THINK! =)

3 comments:

Hui Sean said...

Now ur baby also can read the books, this call " 胎教”, now u read and say it out, he will learn it.

Eunice said...

Haha, thanks for sharing the tips with me! I still have many more to learn from you, Ah Sean! =)

沈伊 said...

absolutely !! I have been reading this 'The Choice' from Og Mandino for HaoHao !! It was meant for us the adult. While I'm reading, I'll look at HaoHao on and off as if he understand, he loves it !! He will be so quiet in my arm and keep looking at me for a long time! sometimes I finish 5 pages!