Sunday, January 4, 2009

Old generation vs X generation

King and I attend neighbor's party last night and we had a lot of good time with our neighbors. Surprisingly, we are the youngest among them in the table! We talked about the old time during WWII and how tough their life was. 

I told King after the gathering, we cannot compete with those baby boomers no matter how. They are tough whom no one can beat them mentally! They have seen so many cruel scene and damn Japanese troops during the war time. And, that made them to be one of the toughest people in the world who can survive through the whole period. Can't agree more, they made a bright future before their 40's or 50's based on their strong characteristic. These are what we should learn from them to achieve what we are looking for. But.... the young generation nowadays can't even speak a good language?! We are not as persistent as them when come to pursuing our dreams?! What are we and where are we now? I look into the mirror and ask myself.... Am I wasting my time?

It was a wonderful gathering, indeed! Because it gave me a wake up call to review my characteristics. Move on, Eunice!!!  

No comments: