Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Eistein Never Used Flash Cards

Ashley is a book reader. She reads a lot of books. During our visit, she introduced this book to me. And, it's my honour to have this book from her as a gift. Thank you, Ashley! =)

I starts to read this book today. Just finished a few pages and the introduction this morning. More than 90% of the book viewers rated it as 5-star book in Amazon. Honestly speaking, the book title actually is a good hint to all the parents nowadays. 

I get to know that what flash cards are and how they function the babies' brains in this new era by my motherly friends. I've no comments on this flash card method and stuff. But I don't agree with the monetary price of the goods nowadays. I remember that a friend of mine bought her little baby boy a whole set of flash cards materials in total RM3000 last year! I was shocked by the price of the materials. And I looked into the materials by knowing what the "value" is. Down the road, although I am not a mother yet, I strongly believe that spending quality time with your little one is the most important thing, no matter how much a mother input a baby. Having a play with your little one is far more important than lecturing a baby/kid. 

I have a good childhood, although I didn't travel around the world or have those expensive barbie dolls stuff like that when I was little. I'm glad that I have a creative childhood with lots of fun and imagination with games. Thank godness I've a pair of good parents. 

Read books! Go read books! =)

5 comments:

sheenyit said...

I strongly agree with you that nothing important than spend quality time with our kids, those materials are just materials!

Ash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ash said...

Eunice,
I am glad you enjoy reading it.

Spending quality time with our little ones is the best thing we can do for them, and it's important to starting building a strong and healthy bond between parents and children. Unfortunately, time is what parents don't have nowadays. =(

I strongly believe in instilling good values and beliefs in our kids is far more important than finding ways to teach them their ABCs in their early age. As we all know, Good EQ is one of the important elements that lead one to the road of success, eh? =)

Kelly said...

i have read tat book too!! haha... but then im also one of those kiasu mother using the flash card. i agree those are just a material but its a material for us to teach our baby, baby at this age learn anything u teach them, to them its not a stressful thing, its fun!! so why not?? just bcos we parents thinks its stressful?? haha... of cos playing games n showing how much u love them is single most important thing, i have no doubt on tat...

im kiasu, super kiasu haha but then i always correct myself each time i teach wilber, i make it fun and do not expect anything makes it all stressless!!

Eunice said...

Haha... I'm sure Wilber boy had a lot of fun playing flash cards with mommy! Do share with me when it's my turn, eh! =)