Sunday, July 18, 2010

Third Trimester

After coming back from Koh Samui, Thailand, I entered my third trimester. Fatigue strike me again and I was so lazy to do anything. I basically slept and rest a lot.

When I was in 33 weeks, I was refered to UMMC by my Gynae suddenly. Dr Yap told us about pre-eclampsia and the symptoms that I need to pay attention with. My blood pressure was shoot up noticeably and I was admitted into UMMC for a night of blood pressure monitoring. I was shocked and I hate to be admitted into the hospital out of the sudden. Oh well, we've no choice. So I was sort of being forced to stay in the hospital for a night. I told the nurses and doctors that I WANTED TO GO HOME because I couldn't rest at all in the hospital! One of the doctors calmed me down by explaining how serious a pre-eclampsia could be. So I tried to cooperate with them as much as I could and I was able to discharge the next day. It was so good to be home!!!!

Since then, I monitored my blood pressure closely at home. I do not want to be admitted into hospital again unless KJ is ready to meet us. Hence, I rest and sleep as much as I could since then. I was told by Dr Yap that I might need to deliver KJ in UMMC (a government subsidized university hospital) if I had the complication and if KJ is underweight. Dr Yap's purpose is to save our medical bill. King and I sort of understand and we follow what Dr Yap has told us.

It's no fun to have "surprise", some times. But nothing is perfect. We want a safe and healthy baby delivery, that's our aim.

No comments: